Sunday, April 30, 2017

4/27/17

$EXAS: Big gap during pre-market from $23 to $28.70s that caught my attention. Then looked at the daily chart and saw the stock was at its 52-week high. Checked the news and saw the company reported a loss of $34 million in its first quarter which initially seemed bad, but their actual revenue was $48 million and up 220% from last year's first quarter. Also, their net loss was 26% less than last years Q1's loss. Apparently this company's main commercial product is a 'cologuard test' developed through their proprietary DNA-based technologies for use in the detection of cancer and their sales are rapidly growing since its a lower-cost and less-invasive way to screen patients. Both technicals  and fundamentals indicated a bullish sentiment so at the open I was focused on how the stock was going to react towards the $28 whole dollar mark since was it trending steady, VWAP was right at $28 and kept making higher lows. At the open it dipped down $27.70s but quickly got bought up and the next two 1-min candles held right at $28. Got an entry at $28.10 on the third 1-min candle.  The next candle it literally jumps a whole dollar to $29.20s and so I get out at $29.10 with all my shares. This was my first trade in over a month so I didn't want to scale out in partials. I just wanted to be in and out with no headaches on my first day back. Nothing like a stress-free trade!

No comments:

Post a Comment